◄ Back to List
DEM1701: Core CPD Update
This conference is now sold out. You are welcome to book on any of the other available CPD conferences at this event. Alternatively, you can cover your highly recommended topics by using Dental CPD Now, our bestselling CPD E-Publication. Call 01332 226590 for more details.
Sponsored by MDDUS and Sovereign Wealth
This conference is brought to you in partnership with Health Education East Midlands and NLDC.
The core CPD update conference is for the whole dental team. It covers the 6 core areas recommended by the GDC.
RADIOGRAPHY AND RADIATION PROTECTION
The aim of this talk is to update the dental practitioner on the principles of radiation protection and its application in dental practice. With the emergence of Cone Beam CT, an overview of this imaging modality will be presented together with the implications for the dental practitioner. Finally, the selection criteria in dental radiography has recently been updated, and a review of the selection criteria for two and three dimensional imaging will be provided.
By the end of the course participants should understand
• The risks of ionising radiation and methods of dose reduction
• The principle of Cone Beam CT and its application in dentistry
• The use of selection criteria in dental radiography
WHAT’S NEW IN INFECTION CONTROL?
AN OVERVIEW OF NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN INFECTION CONTROL IN DENTISTRY
The profession has seen rapid change in infection control requirements following the introduction in England of HTM 01-05 and the code of Practice on preventing and controlling infections. This session aims to advise how these new developments are affecting your practice and how to overcome challenges.
MANAGEMENT OF MEDICAL EMERGENCIES IN DENTAL PRACTICE
M.Clin.Dent FFGDP, BDS, LDSRCS, MJDF (UK), DPDS.
The aim of this course is to update delegates on current guidelines in the management of medical emergencies in general dental practice with an emphasis on CQC Compliance
By the end of the course, participants will have a better understanding of:
• Risk management in medical emergencies
• The ‘ABCDE’ approach for dealing with emergencies
• Management of common medical emergencies
• The role and use of Automated External Defibrillators
• Emergency equipment and Drug requirements
LEGAL, ETHICS & COMPLAINTS HANDLING
To provide delegates with an update on the ethical and legal responsibilities of a dental registrant.
1. To understand the ethical issues in dentistry
2. To appreciate how the law impacts on all dental registrants
3. To understand the common causes of dental complaints, how to manage, avoid and learn from them
4. To appreciate the basic principles and requirements for writing quality records.
ORAL CANCER: AN UPDATE FOR PRIMARY CARE PROFESSIONALS
BSc (Hons), BDS, FDS RCSEd, PhD, FRCPath, FHEA
• increase awareness of the presentation, diagnosis and management of malignant oral lesions
• highlight and review oral potentially malignant conditions
• review the referral process
• recognise suspicious signs & symptoms
• demonstrate good knowledge of conditions associated with malignancy
• understand referral pathways and follow-up protocols
• outline important pathological features
SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN & VULNERABLE ADULTS
Presented by Raj Majithia
M.Clin.Dent FFGDP, BDS, LDSRCS, MJDF (UK), DPDS
Members of the whole dental team are in a position where they may observe the signs of child abuse or hear something that causes them concern about a child. The General Dental Council (GDC) states that the dental team have an ethical responsibility to be aware of local procedures for child protection and vulnerable adults.
This course aims to update participants on issues relating to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
◄ Back to List