◄ Back to List
DEM1705: An IR(ME)R Course in Dental Radiography and Radiation Protection
Book your CPD conference(s) by selecting from the main menu here
Sponsored by Sovereign Wealth
This conference is for dentists and appropriately qualified dental care professionals.
Presented by Stephen Green & Sarah Dorling
This course is designed as a comprehensive course in dental radiography and radiation protection and fulfils the requirements of the GDC and the IR(ME)R regulations.
The safe and effective use of radiation for diagnostic purposes is fundamental to patient protection. The Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations 2000 require all practitioners and operators to undertake continuing education and training.
In addition, the General Dental Council made ‘Dental Radiography and Radiation Protection’ a ‘core CPD subject’ for all dental practitioners in 2006 and for all Dental Care Professionals (DCPs) in 2008.
The course will be interspersed with interesting cases highlighting key principles in diagnosis and interpretation.
This course will cover the following:
• Ionising Radiations & Interactions
• Dose Units and Quantities
• Doses from Medical and Dental Techniques
• Practical Radiation Protection Measures
• Factors Affecting Patient and Staff Doses
• Doses from Other Sources
• Biological Effects
• Legal Overview - ICRP Principles and Legislation
• IR(ME)R 2000
• Women, Pregnancy and Children
• Quality Assurance in Dental Imaging
• Constructing a Radiation Protection File
◄ Back to List